Stuck with sardines given from our government or any sectors? Here are some recipes you can do out of sardines.
1. Sardines Spaghetti
1 teaspoon of a healthy cooking oil of your choice (such as olive, vegetable, and palm)
2 cloves of garlic
1 medium-sized onion
2 cans of sardines in tomato sauce
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan.
Sauté the garlic and onion until cooked.
Toss in the sardines.
After a few minutes, put the cooked sardines over the pasta.
Mix well, and your spaghetti is good to go!
2. Canned Sardines Fritters
1 canned sardines
1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
salt (to taste)
ground black pepper (to taste)
¾ cup of preferred oil
Open the canned sardines. If it has sauce, make sure to drain it first.
Place the sardines in a bowl and mash the fish with a fork.
Toss in the eggs, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix everything well.
Warm oil in a skillet. Pour in the mixture using a ladle. Flatten it and fry both sides.
Drain the fritters on paper towels to get rid of excess oil.
Serve with your favorite dip, and you’re good to go!
3. Sardines Mongo Guisado
• Mega Sardines in Tomato Sauce (green)
• 1 tbsp cooking oil
• 2 cups mongo beans, pre-boiled
• 1 medium red onion, chopped
• 2 pcs native tomatoes, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 tbsp ginger, sliced
• Camote tops
• Fish sauce
• Chicharon for Topping/Garnish
1. Sauté the onions, ginger, garlic and tomatoes with some oil in a medium saucepot over medium heat.
2. Add in the boiled mongo beans and sauté for a minute then pour in the Mega Sardines tomato sauce and simmer it for another minute.
3. Season it with a little fish sauce then toss in the Mega Sardines (fish) and camote tops.
4. Stir and cook it for a few more minutes.
5. Transfer it to a serving bowl and serve with some chicharon for added texture.
You can use this recipe for special occasions like birthday, anniversary, or even a romantic date in your table.